[WEB4LIB] Argus Clearinghose Status

David S. Carter superman at umich.edu
Tue Jun 19 09:38:03 EDT 2001

The Argus Clearinghouse (http://www.clearinghouse.net/) is now back
in operation. Everything should be working exactly as it was before;
if not, please let me know.

We'll be sending out a press release later in the week, but since
we've received a few questions, here is the situation in a nutshell:

Earlier this year, Argus Associates donated the Clearinghouse to the
Univ. of Mich. School of Information, to be managed by the IPL. For
the near future nothing will change; the Clearinghouse and the IPL
will continue to operate as separate sites. We are exploring ways in
which to possibly integrate the services of the two sites, with an
eye towards making any changes near the end of the year.