LINUX on a public workstation

Kay McCoy mccoyk at raleigh.lib.wv.us
Mon Jun 18 12:40:54 EDT 2001

We are setting up our first LINUX workstation for use by the patrons in a public library.  We need to know how to secure the user directory so that patrons cannot download to the hard drive.  If anybody can help, we'd appreciate it.   (We have looked through the Web4Lib reference area and archives and not found exactly what we need.)

Kay McCoy    mccoyk at raleigh.lib.wv.us
Automation Manager
Fayette County Public Libraries    http://fayette.lib.wv.us
531 Summit Street
Oak Hill, WV  25901     phone/fax:  304-465-5664