[WEB4LIB] RE: Draft home page not usable on my IE 6

Steve Cramer smcramer at uncg.edu
Wed Jun 20 08:18:25 EDT 2001

It certainly doesn't hurt to test pages using IE6. But are betas
really that popular? For example, according to my library's web site
stats for May 2001, NN3 and WebTV got more page visits (by factors of 5
and 2) than IE6. Know your users!

(But use of IE6 is rising. In April 2001, IE6 was also under IE3.)

--Steve

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:42:08 -0700 (PDT) Dan Lester <dan at riverofdata.com> wrote:

> I test pages with the browser I run.  That's IE6.  I don't have any
> other browsers except a funky old NS4.x, which I've probably not
> opened in a few months.  Considering the popularity of betas,
> especially this one, I'd think that testing a site in them would be a
> GOOD thing, not a bad one.
>
> I'll also say that I've had NO problems with this IE6 since the day I
> got it, and it has hit hundreds of different sites, if not thousands.
>
> dan
> >
> Monday, June 18, 2001, 10:29:58 AM, you wrote:
>
> DB> I thought IE6 was still a beta release.  I have many people telling me that
> DB> our test page does not display correctly in in IE6.  I thought there are
> DB> still CSS problems with IE6.  Just wondering (and whining about people
> DB> testing  the page with a beta version of a browser).
>
> DB> Bill Drew

Steve Cramer
Business Librarian
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
smcramer at uncg.edu
336-256-0346