[WEB4LIB] RE: Books on Demand

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu Jul 12 12:15:45 EDT 2001

Maybe I am misunderstanding Dan Messer, but I think he is talking about
e-book readers, not e-books themselves.  I would consider e-books to be the
electronic file not the display device.  Given that,  I pretty much agree
with him except that new  devices such as the Compaq iPAQ H3670 Pocket PC
does an excellent job of displaying an e-book using the Microsoft Reader to
view e-books.  The device is expensive (over $600) but there are less
expensive versions available.  I probably would not try to bounce the one I
am trying against the concrete though.

Bill Drew