[WEB4LIB] Re: Browser Based Email

Chris Deweese chrisd at lcls.org
Thu Jan 25 12:12:22 EST 2001

IPSwitch (www.ipswitch.com) has a package that runs on Windows NT servers called I-Mail.  It has a very simple GUI and configuration for a web-server.  We chose it for speed of configuration and the fact that we already have an existing NT network.  We have nearly 400 users and over half were migrated from our VAX system.  I-Mail supports POP3 & SMTP (of course) so users can use an email client or the web-based service (which is most used).  The server supports e-mail lists (ex publics at yourlibrary.org) that we use for all sorts of things.  If you are still unsure of a choice, I recommend you check it out.

Chris Deweese
Webmaster
Lewis and Clark Library System
Edwardsville, IL 62025