[WEB4LIB] RE: Can anyone help?

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Mon Feb 5 12:19:11 EST 2001

On Feb 5 , "Thomas Dowling" <tdowling at ohiolink.edu> wrote:

> skill we
>
> > > You can't.  What you see below is what was sent.  There are no extra
> > > parts.
> > >
> > > -Mark (a mutt user)
>
> > Au contraire, I usually receive 'other parts' - if you use Mutt, open
> the
> > email, then press the 'v' key and see what happens...
> >
> > Raymond (also a Mutt user :)
> >

> Au contraire^2.  How you view multi-part messages in your mail client
> isn't the point: the Web4Lib list no longer distributes multi-part
> messages.  When Web4Lib tells you, "This message has been truncated..." it
> really and truly means that the rest of the message was not sent by the
> server, not received by your mail client, and not viewable.

Hrmm, I will continue to monitor this then, and let the you and the list know if
I receive any other portions of these emails.  I definitely have received them,
in addition to the 'Message Truncated' warning, several times previously and
was able to view the sender's intended message.  Perhaps that has now changed -
I'll let y'all know...

Raymond