[WEB4LIB] RE: Can anyone help?

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Feb 5 13:11:57 EST 2001

Monday, February 05, 2001, 10:16:33 AM, you wrote:

RW> Hrmm, I will continue to monitor this then, and let the you and the list know if
RW> I receive any other portions of these emails.  I definitely have received them,
RW> in addition to the 'Message Truncated' warning, several times previously and
RW> was able to view the sender's intended message.  Perhaps that has now changed -
RW> I'll let y'all know...

This is undoubtedly because the list is set so that if you do a "reply
all" (or similar term in your mail client) that it replies to BOTH the
list AND the original sender.  So, if it was a reply to your own
posting, and the respondent did reply all and the message had some
sort of abominable attachment, then you'd get the direct message with
the attachment and the list message truncated as noted.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA