What software are you running on your public access PCs?

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Thu Dec 27 14:25:15 EST 2001

Louise Alcorn (West Des Moines Public Library) and I are preparing a book to
be published in 2002 by Neal-Schuman tentatively titles "Software for Public
Access PCs." The intent of the book is to review and compare software that
libraries do/should have on their public access computers.

Categories may include but are not limited to:
* Time limiting software
* Print queuing software (UniPrint)
* Specialized browsers (Public Browser)
* Access limiting software (sign in with your library card)
* Desktop security (Fortres)

If you use anything in these categories we'd love to hear from you
(off-list.) Please include your name, contact information, library name,
library type (if not apparent from library name), name of software, your
implementation of it (how many computers, etc.) and any/all comments you
have about the software (including pros/cons, installation & cost) along
with any comments you may have about the company (customer service / tech
support.)

We're also looking for additional categories for consideration. If you have
any suggestions please let us know. (No filtering software please.)

By responding to this request you are giving us permission to quote you in
the final publication.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers/
WWW Library Directory @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.
Stop those X10 ads 'till 2009 - click on
http://www.x10.com/home/optout.cgi?DAY=3000