Before I recreate...

Garwood, Steve sgarwood at camden.lib.nj.us
Thu Dec 27 14:10:34 EST 2001

the proverbial wheel. I'm not a Javascript expert in any way, but a library
in my system wants to have a barcode validation on a webpage that would act
as a gateway for a particular web-based database they've developed. This is
a database that was "developed" inside and is not a subscription product.

Essentially what they want is the patron to enter their barcode, have the
script check to see if the barcode is legit (starting with the same 5 digit
number and then having a total of 14 numbers). If the barcode is legit then
the patron would go to the URL of the database if not they would be either
sent to a "try again" screen or returned to the original screen.

Does anyone already have this set-up? and if so can I "borrow" your code? If
not any good pointers? I've reviewed a lot of the Javascript sites and none
seem to really offer what I'm looking for.

TIA, Steve

-------------------------------------
Steve Garwood
Customer Education Librarian
Camden County Library System
203 Laurel Rd., Voorhees, NJ 08043
(856)772-1636 x3320 Fax:(856)772-6128
sgarwood at camden.lib.nj.us
http://www.camden.lib.nj.us
http://www.stevegarwood.com

"I did nothing all day and it was everything I thought it would be" --
Office Space (Movie)