[WEB4LIB] Re: converting HTML to XHTML

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Mon Apr 2 09:14:51 EDT 2001

> This aside I can recommend a programme that does an excellent job of
> converting HTML to XHTML.  HTML-Kit is great for tidying up and
validating
> up your code.  It is also really easy to use and well supported.
>
> http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

It looks like this kit includes a version of that Truly Useful utility,
HTML Tidy, which does in fact do a very good job of taking the gibberish
Office calls HTML and making it presentable.
<URL:http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/#download>.

Office 2000 has a downloadable filter that allows its own "Save as HTML"
to remove most of the proprietary garbage it ordinarily sticks in.
<URL:http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/2000/downloadDetails/Msohtmf2.htm>.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu