[WEB4LIB] Re: mice freezeups in Netscape?

Julia Schult jschult at elmira.edu
Thu Oct 12 14:46:10 EDT 2000

Thanks for your input.  I have never seen the link-click problem happen on IE or
Opera, but we don't use them much around here.

I, too have found the problem occurs after the machine has been on and in use for web
browsing for a length of time.  Perhaps that is why our public computers get it so
much more often than our office computers.

Regarding your final comment:

Diana Calder wrote:

>   I suspect that the
> problem is Windows-related (maybe something in the TCP/IP stack or ...?)
> rather than related to a specific browser or piece of hardware.  I
> don't think that I've ever seen the problem on a machine that hadn't
> been upgraded to IE 5.x ...

We had this problem last year on our public machines, which did not have IE on them
at all.  We had pretty bare machines, with just Windows 95, Netscape, plug-ins
(including Acrobat Reader), and Notepad as the only software.

---Julia E. Schult
Access/Electronic Services Librarian
Elmira College
Jschult at elmira.edu