[WEB4LIB] <WEB4LIB> Photos of kids on PL Web sites?

Kay McCoy mccoyk at raleigh.lib.wv.us
Mon Nov 27 16:23:58 EST 2000

Walter,
Why privately?   I, for one, would certainly love to see what others have to
say about this topic.  Surely I am not the only one.

At our rural library system, I have posted kids' pictures both as contest
winners and as part of groups.  I do not use names at all.  The only
complaint we ever received was from an adult who was posted as a contest
winner;  she had posed for the picture after being told it was for the
newspaper and the web page and the web page did not use her name.  I guess
she had second thoughts.

But, I have often thought that we should perhaps get parent's permission to
post pictures of kids even though we don't use names.   I am very interested
in what others are doing about this.

Kay McCoy                                      mccoyk at raleigh.lib.wv.us
Automation Manager
Fayette County Public Libraries        http://fayette.lib.wv.us
Oak Hill, WV  25901                        304-465-5664