Task/Project Manager

Cindy Chick cchick at netcom.com
Thu May 11 14:38:23 EDT 2000

I'm looking for a program that would help me keep track of tasks and
projects.  I know there is "Project Management" software out there, but
it seems to be inevitably more complex than what I need. (I've looked
at Microsoft Project '98.)  We use Outlook, so I have a calendar and
addressbook, but the simple lists of tasks it offers isn't adequate.
I also know there is a lot of PIM software out there, which might be
a possibility, though I don't really need a calendar & addressbook since
I have to use Outlooks.  I've also had a couple of people here tell me that
they're looking for the same thing.

So what do I want?  I want to be able to lists tasks by project, create a
list of all pending tasks, perhaps even be able to store notes related to
projects.  Nothing like discussing a topic with 10 people, then a
month later go back to the project and realize your notes aren't that
great and you can't remember what they told you!   Hmmm, maybe contact
management software?  I didn't think it applied to my situation, but maybe...

I'd also like to produce a report for my supervisor showing the status of
my projects, and the ones that have been completed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cindy Chick				cchick at netcom.com
Library Technology Coordinator, Latham & Watkins
&
Co-Editor, Co-Publisher, LLRX.com
http://www.llrx.com