[WEB4LIB] Do we need 2 googles?

Eric Rumsey rumsey at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Thu May 11 14:57:00 EDT 2000

One of the best things about Google is that it does such a good job finding
directory sites, our own and others, as we reported in January -
Google likes directory sites - http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/google.html
We continue to track Google's retrieval of directory sites, and it
continues to do a good job.

In preliminary testing of Raging Search, it doesn't do nearly as good a job
at finding directory sites - They are not given nearly as high a ranking as
in Google.

Eric Rumsey, Hardin Library for the Health Sciences
University of Iowa, Iowa City IA 52242
<eric-rumsey at uiowa.edu>
319-335-9875 (voice), 319-335-9897 (fax)
Hardin Meta Directory of Internet Health Sources - Kudos -
http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/news.html