[WEB4LIB] Local Gov Web Sites

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue May 2 11:21:00 EDT 2000

Jim,

We currently have a few forms and permits on-line -- we are gradually adding more as I have time.  You can find them at:

http://www.twp.waterford.mi.us/general/eforms.htm

We'll be adding the ability to query our tax databases very soon.  We also have an interactive GIS component at:

http://www.twp.waterford.mi.us/waterfordGIS/

One of the leaders in interactive government web sites is the City of Indianapolis.  I think they used to have a goal of two new interactive features per week - you can see their handiwork at:

http://www.indygov.org/egov.htm

Municipal Web Services links to some innovate sites at:

http://www.muniweb.com/Innovators/InnovatorsMain.htm

To just general browse around the country, Piper Resources has a pretty comprehensive list of sites at the State, County and local level at:

http://www.piperinfo.com/state/states.html

Good luck!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician