[WEB4LIB] Re: Seti @ Lib ? (IS: Powering down PCs)

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Thu Aug 31 12:54:54 EDT 2000

Don't forget distributed.net, too.  It is a similar, though earlier,
project involving tens of thousands of computers working on a variety
of large projects, such as Optimal Golomb Rulers, RC5-64 encryption,
and so forth.  I have both home and work machines contributing to
this, 24x7x365.  It doesn't pay money unless you happen to be the one
to solve/crack the problem.  It is the GNU spirit, and runs on almost
any type of computer.  (And, if RC5-64 is cracked by a library machine,
the money will go to the library).

cheers

dan