[WEB4LIB] Seti @ Lib ? (IS: Powering down PCs)

pverhagen at sapl.ab.ca pverhagen at sapl.ab.ca
Thu Aug 31 12:08:39 EDT 2000

[My apoligies for the redirection but it has to be said:]
The Library community should band together all of their "idling"
PCs together and help scan the universe for extraterrestial life with
"Seti @ Home". Imagine the work units that could be processed!

For those interested can look it up here:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

On 30 Aug 2000, at 20:26, Richard Wiggins wrote:

> The fact of the matter is that PCs spend a lot of time idle during the
> work day, and many work days may not begin and end precisely on a
> schedule -- and many banks of PCs are not assigned to just one worker
> on one shift. So there's lots of idling during "work" hours.
Peter Verhagen
Library Systems Administrator
St. Albert Public Library
St. Albert Place