Cambridge University Press Journals

Donald Barclay donaldb at library.tmc.edu
Mon Sep 20 12:02:16 EDT 1999

I know this is a bit off topic, but since it involves accessing journals via
the web, I hope it is not totally out of line:

My library has access (allegedly) to a number of Cambridge University Press
(CUP) ejournals. However, we have had nothing but trouble trying to make
access to these journals work. We have gone around and around with the CUP
people, who keep telling us that the problems have been fixed, though they
never are. My question is, does anyone else on this list access CUP journals
via the Web and, if so, have you experienced  serious access problems?

I'm not posting this as an attempt to bash CUP, but only to find out if the
problem is an <<us>> problem or a <<them>> problem. We have access to over
1,100 ejournals at this library, and we have never experienced the kinds of
problems we've experienced with CUP ejournals.

Donald A. Barclay
Houston Academy of Medicine-       always the beautiful answer
Texas Medical Center Library           who asks the more beautiful question
donaldb at library.tmc.edu                                   -- e. e. cummings