[WEB4LIB] Cambridge University Press Journals

Kristin Antelman kaa at ahsl.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 20 12:24:01 EDT 1999

The problem is definitely with CUP.  We have experienced exactly the same
intense frustration trying to register our titles (a process begun in August
1998!).  Two non-standard aspects of their authentication process *may* be
messing things up for them: the individual logon requirement and the domain
name, rather than IP, basis of their registration.

-Kristin

Donald Barclay wrote:

> I know this is a bit off topic, but since it involves accessing journals via
> the web, I hope it is not totally out of line:
>
> My library has access (allegedly) to a number of Cambridge University Press
> (CUP) ejournals. However, we have had nothing but trouble trying to make
> access to these journals work. We have gone around and around with the CUP
> people, who keep telling us that the problems have been fixed, though they
> never are. My question is, does anyone else on this list access CUP journals
> via the Web and, if so, have you experienced  serious access problems?
>
> I'm not posting this as an attempt to bash CUP, but only to find out if the
> problem is an <<us>> problem or a <<them>> problem. We have access to over
> 1,100 ejournals at this library, and we have never experienced the kinds of
> problems we've experienced with CUP ejournals.
>
> Donald A. Barclay
> Houston Academy of Medicine-       always the beautiful answer
> Texas Medical Center Library           who asks the more beautiful question
> donaldb at library.tmc.edu                                   -- e. e. cummings

Kristin Antelman
Arizona Health Sciences Library
The University of Arizona
1501 N. Campbell Ave.                kaa at ahsl.arizona.edu
Tucson, AZ 85724-5079                (520) 626-1004