[WEB4LIB] Collecting Stats.

Shirl Kennedy skenned1 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 27 21:14:11 EDT 1999

Here's ours:  http://www.clearwater-fl.com/about.html#2  The only thing
anyone seems to be interested in so far, from an institutional standpoint,
is the total hit count.  (Our Web site stats are for the entire City.)
Before our tourism department died a quick, painful death last month due to
budget cuts, I prepared a special monthly report, as they were interested in
when the site was getting the most traffic and from where most of the users
were coming.

Shirl Kennedy
Internet Waves columnist, Information Today
http://www.infotoday.com
Author:  Best Bet Internet; Reference & Research When You Don't Have Time to
Mess Around
http://www.ala.org/editions/openstacks/beyondthebook/BestBet.html