AOL Browser Question

BryanTyson at aol.com BryanTyson at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 23:46:52 EST 1999

In an earlier post, Kathy writes:

<<when I installed AOL 5.0 on my
machine (which already had IE 5 and Netscape 4.6), my IE 5.0 suddenly had
an AOL icon in the top right corner instead of the usual IE icon. And in
the title line, there is now a message that says "Microsoft Internet
Explorer provided by America Online." >>

Having gone through several AOL upgrades and several MSIE upgrades, I have
not experienced what Kathy describes. My experience has been like that of
David, in that my existing copy of MSIE seemed to remain unchanged when
upgrading AOL. However, when installing AOL on a machine without MSIE
currently installed, I have seen the changed title bar, etc. that Kathy
describes.

Bryan S. Tyson
Head of Technical Services
J.S. Mack Library