[WEB4LIB] Re: AOL browser question

Hill, Holly K. hillh at 509thcsc.livorno.army.mil
Tue Nov 9 08:09:29 EST 1999

One problem with AOL mail over the web is that the plugin required for
Netscape does not work with WindowsNT as the operating system. Of course,
one doesn't find this out until you've downloaded and installed the plugin,
rebooted the computer, gone back to the AOL Webmail page, and then have an
error message pop up. I have tried to email AOL about plans to work with NT,
but have gotten no response. I haven't checked lately, so maybe they have
gotten their acts together.

One other thing to note: AOL 5 has caused lots of problems for users. Before

Holly K. Hill
hillh at ast.livorno.army.mil
Camp Darby Community Librarian

The closest you will ever come in this life to an orderly universe is a good
library. ***Ashleigh Brilliant***