[WEB4LIB] Thin clients for web OPACs

Sutherland, Paul Paul.Sutherland at ccc.govt.nz
Wed Mar 17 16:21:37 EST 1999

We are just starting work in this area.

We are using Microsoft NT Terminal Server and NCD devices.

We are planning to use 3 different configurations of Netscape (One no
internet, and two with different proxies)

We can manage this fine, but are having a few problems "locking the browser
settings" althogh it looks like WinSelect for NT will do this ok, along with
setting policys at the server side.

The device autologons and if the appliction (Netscape) crashes it just
logsoff and on again.

Way cool

We are just exploring how to use peripherals like printers/card readers and
if we need Metaframe.

 Paul Sutherland                      Paul.Sutherland at ccc.govt.nz
 Information Technology Librarian
 Canterbury Public Library
 Aotearoa/New Zealand                 http://www.ccc.govt.nz/Library/

 My opinions only            Less is more, but not enough. Sol Le Wit