Reference Questions Needed for Training Classes

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Fri Jun 25 10:55:49 EDT 1999

Fellow librarians;

Two of the classes I offer are on Internet Search Engines and Using the
Internet as a Reference Tool.  In each of these classes I have 8-10
reference questions that I give to my students (librarians) to give them a
chance to used Net resources to find the answers.

In the SE class they do the same questions three times, in three different
search engines.  In the Reference class they are given a set of
Ready-reference questions and a different sent that has them using subject
directories.

I feel the questions I've been using are good and solid, but they're getting
old.  What I'm looking for is some good questions for the above situations,
preferably ones librarians have actually had at the desk and used the Net to
find the answer.

Please send any you may have.  Please list your name and library and I'll be
sure to include you as a source to be distributed with the questions.  TIA!

             Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
         Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
              Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org
         PGP public Key and other info available @
              http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
             The WWW Library Directory is @
         http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/

     "Some say information should be free. It's not.
     Information is power. Information is currency."
                 --Billy Idol, Wasteland

  Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.