Optimizing Images on the Web

Donald Barclay donaldb at library.tmc.edu
Fri Jan 29 14:09:28 EST 1999

My library's new homepage looks nice, but I've had reports that the images
on it are slow to load for some folks. I would like to find some way of
optimizing the images (making them small) without damaging the quality of
the images.

Has anyone on the list had experience with this? Any software product you
would recommend?

I searched the Web4Lib archives, but I couldn't find anything on this
topic. Thanks for any help.

By the way, our homepage URL is: www.library.tmc.edu.

Donald A. Barclay
Houston Academy of Medicine-