[WEB4LIB] question re: Netscape 4.08 (professional)

Mary Martin mmartin at fspl.lib.ar.us
Tue Feb 9 17:15:39 EST 1999

I think there is a way to do this, but it's a bit obscure. If you are running
Windows NT or Windows 95, do the following:

1. Close all open Netscape windows.
2. At the desktop, right-click the Netscape icon and choose Properties.
3. Go to the Shortcut tab.
4. In the "Start in" box, type the path to the directory where you want
documents to be saved in. (Delete the current path, if any.) Then click OK.
5. When you go into Netscape and save a document, it should now default to the
directory you specified in "Start in."

Hope this helps!
Mary
--
Mary C. Martin, Computer/Technical Services Librarian
Fort Smith Public Library
mmartin at fspl.lib.ar.us
http://www.fspl.lib.ar.us