[WEB4LIB] Re:Web-based intranet email

James Klock j-klock at evanston.lib.il.us
Fri Apr 2 13:50:45 EST 1999

>Does anyone know of (or better yet, is anyone using)
>a Web-based email system for a local network?  I'm
>thinking of something like a local Hotmail, an intranet
>page that the staff can go to, log in, and do their
>email stuff.

We've had some success with EMU Mail <http://emumail.com/>.  It's available
for Unix or NT, can be used for free (it'll automatically post ads on your
mail) or cheaply licensed ($200 for 250 users + $1/additional user).  Cost
slightly more for support.  You provide the mail accounts (which need to be
POPmail accessable).
For a globally-accessable example, see <http://emumail.net/> -- it's
basically what you'll be using, except that if you buy EMU mail, you get to
run it from your own server.

James