[WEB4LIB] Pointer Records for Metadata

Brian Nielsen b-nielsen at nwu.edu
Thu Nov 5 12:44:10 EST 1998

David's question about PDF metadata leads me to suggest that the web
publishing community approach Adobe to ask that they support IMS metadata
and Dublin Core within the metadata framework that currently exists for
PDF.  One can add title, author,  and keyword info into a PDF file now, and
such an approach seems to me much more manageable than the dissociation of
the metadata from the file that David suggests.

I copy this note to technical folks at Adobe; maybe they have some
suggestions.

Brian

		Brian Nielsen, Ph.D.
		Manager, Learning Technologies Group