WebScript and other middleware recommendations

Janet McLaughlin mclaj at ils.unc.edu
Thu Nov 19 13:25:13 EST 1998

I would appreciate any comments anyone might like to share about WebScript
or any other middleware product.

I am investigating using an RDMS and middleware to implement subject
access to our collection of electronic databases and e-journals. Briefly,
we plan to create a "database of databases" and hope to use a middleware
product like WebScript or Cold Fusion to provide access from our web
interface.

Much has been written about Cold Fusion but little about WebScript.  We
are looking into using Oracle or MySql as the RDBMS, but have not
committed to either at this point.

Any insight about these products or about your own experiences with such
products would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Janet McLaughlin
Graduate Student