Disk utilities via a Web page

Bennett, Roy - WOU Library bennetr at wou.edu
Wed Nov 18 12:02:41 EST 1998

We are planning to offer floppy disk utilities (e.g., format drive
A, view directory of A, browse text file on A) at public Internet
workstations from a Web page.

We are running Windows 95 with WinSelect Policy and Kiosk for
security. The browser is Navigator 4.05.

The plan is to use W3launch (already used to run networked CDs) to
run the utilities from the workstation's hard drive.

Can someone recommend a simple to use utility program or separate
programs to run these functions. Graphical or DOS-base? Freeware
would be preferred.

Roy Bennett
Coordinator of Library Electronic Resources
Western Oregon University Library
345 N. Monmouth Ave.
Monmouth, OR 97361-1396

Email:  bennetr at wou.edu