DOH! Re: [WEB4LIB] Fonts and Zoom utilities

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Mon Nov 16 12:33:10 EST 1998

At 08:35 AM 11/16/98 -0800, Donovan Lambright wrote:
>I believe I remember reading somewhere that sans serif fonts like Arial
are easier >to read on a computer screen than serif fonts like New York
Times. The opposite is >true of text on paper-New York Times would be
easier on the eye than Arial.  It has >something to do with the serifs, I
think.

I think you are right, this makes sense.  Also, I have to admit that I was
writing before I had my coffee (and this shows me I'm needing coffee way
too much, that's not good) and misread things, reading "sans serif" as
"serif"....  Sigh.

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian