pop-up menus

Steve Thomas sthomas at library.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jun 16 20:58:29 EDT 1998

At 03:59 PM 15-06-98 -0700, Kevin Justie wrote:
>I think I saw in a book a method for making a pop-up menu (using standard
><form> and <select> tags, no Java) that would take the user to a new page
>selected from the menu without requiring a Submit button. In other words,
>selecting a new page from a pop-up menu would (immediately) have the same
>effect as clicking on a link to that page.  I've checked a variety of print
>and web HTML resources and can't find anything on this.  Does anyone know
>if and how this can be done?

Kevin,

take a look at my personal home site, at:
http://www.library.adelaide.edu.au/~sthomas

This uses multiple pop-ups, using Javascript code that I found at
Webreference, http://webreference.com/dev/menus/index.html

The pop-ups still have a "Go" button, but selecting an item from the menu
should link directly, without needing the button.

Pop-ups are really very easy, and should work on any browser with
Javascript support, on any platform.

Steve
 Stephen Thomas, Senior Systems Analyst
 Mail : Barr Smith Library, The University of Adelaide, South Australia 5005
 Phone: (08) 8303 5190                                   Fax: (08) 8303 4369
 Email: sthomas at library.adelaide.edu.au
 URL  : http://library.adelaide.edu.au/ual/staff/sthomas.html
 ** Unless otherwise stated, the content of this message reflects only my **
 ** own opinion, and not the policy of the University of Adelaide Library.**

 "I must Create a System, or be enslav'd by another Man's" -- William Blake