tracking internet use

Andrea Hunt ahunt at unixg.ubc.ca
Sun Jul 19 14:00:56 EDT 1998

We are library students working on a project to study how the internet is
being used in public libraries.  We are new to this list and apologize if
this topic has been discussed before and for duplication due to
cross-posting.

Does anyone know of or has done (either formally or informally) a study of
how the internet is used by the public in libraries using raw data from
computer logs?  Specifically, studies that look at what types of sites
people are looking at.

We are also interested in finding out about software (or any other
method) that allows a library to log the sites accessed on multiple
terminals.  We are not interested in the identity of the user only the
sites visited.

Thank you in advance.
Andrea and Shirley

Andrea Gorgec