RUNNING A MAIL SERVER

me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Sun Jul 19 05:13:22 EDT 1998

At 3:36 PM 1998/07/17, <rpage at okway.okstate.edu> wrote:
>   Hi! If you download the free upgrade for NT Server from Microsoft, the
>   Option Pack, you will receive, as part of the package, a free Internet Mail
>   server. I'm not using it, since it won't benefit my library at my
>   institution, but it looks fairly full featured.
>      The download is fairly large, 40-50+ MB, but it does include a number of
>   worthwhile upgrades to NT Server.

If you have a Macintosh there is a free mail server EIMS.  In not sure how
well it will go is you push it to tens of thousands of accounts but a few
thousand should be fine (depends on the machine). There are also free list
serving packages which will work with it (Autoshare and Macjordomo).

Tony

   mailto:tonyb at netinfo.com.au      | Ningaui Pty Ltd
  mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au    |   GPO Box 1680
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/Tony.Barry | Canberra ACT 2601
      Phone +61 4 1242 0397         |     AUSTRALIA