Internet access: Downloading issues

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Fri Jan 16 16:31:04 EST 1998

Like Jim Morgan, we also encourage downloading.  All of our public PCs
are Win95 with F-Prot Professional [FPP] running on each machineand a
Navigator only interface.  Drive A is always checked by FPP before
allowing access.  We do not sell disks, but if anyone knows of a
mechanical dispenser for disk (maybe like the individual soap dispensers
at laundry mats) I would appreciate information on these.  I have not
been able to use the policy editor to disallow users to save to the hard
drive but it has disallowed regular users not to view the hard drive.  I
will soon be looking at software for better security one in particular
professes to set access rights on files and folders (not attrib,
passworded.)

Thomas