Internet access: Downloading issues

Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator webguru at gtu.edu
Tue Jan 20 10:54:03 EST 1998

At 1:46 PM -0800 1/17/98, TMGB wrote:

>We do not sell disks, but if anyone knows of a
>mechanical dispenser for disk (maybe like the individual soap dispensers
>at laundry mats) I would appreciate information on these.

I have seen candy machines used for dispensing discs, pencils, 3x5 cards etc.

In our library we have instructions next to our one Internet public access
station for saving to disk.

Students can also bring in their own hotlists and web pages on floppy and
access them from the browser. Some students without internet accounts find
this an easy way to keep track of sites.

Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator webguru at gtu.edu
(currently Gilles Poitras gpoitras at gtu.edu)
Graduate Theological Union Library
2400 Ridge Road         Berkeley, California, USA
http://www.gtu.edu/library/