feugifacilisi and latin-like gibberish

Michael Squires (michael) michael at sequent.com
Fri Jan 9 13:01:00 EST 1998

I don't know where this orginally came from, but I first saw it in 1985 using
PageMaker. My understanding is that it is supposed to approximate the visual
"density" of typical English, without actually having any meaning to catch
the reader's eye or distract them. The reason for using it is to fuss with a
layout where you want to see how everything will look visually. I've seen it
used as a standard "placeholder" to mean "I'll put something meaningful here
someday."