NT based Print Station

Kyle Harriss kharriss at d.umn.edu
Mon Feb 23 11:34:57 EST 1998

Beth Goodman asked:
> Do you by any chance know of a way to create a "print station" on a NT 4.0
> LAN. The idea is to have print jobs held until the user comes to the
> service desk where the printer is located.  They would then request their
> printout(s) at which time the list of print jobs could be displayed, the
> user's selected and then sent to the printer.

We have this set up, but to do so we purchased a third party product:

	UnipriNT, produced by PHAROS, a New Zealand Company.

	In the U.S., this product is distributed by a company
	called IKON.

The NT server is handled by our campus IS staff, and we have two "print
stations" and three networked printers in the Library.

I know there are competing products, but I don't have a handle on
how they compare.   HTH.

Kyle Harriss				kharriss at d.umn.edu
Tech Services 				voice: 218-726-6546
UMD Library				fax:   218-726-8019