NT based Print Station

Beth Goodman goodmanb at jade.vic.uh.edu
Mon Feb 23 10:42:47 EST 1998

Dear Web4Lib-ers,

Do you by any chance know of a way to create a "print station" on a NT 4.0
LAN. The idea is to have print jobs held until the user comes to the
service desk where the printer is located.  They would then request their
printout(s) at which time the list of print jobs could be displayed, the
user's selected and then sent to the printer.

I've been all over the Internet and scavenged Microsoft's Support Database
looking for a solution, and through a stack of manuals with no real luck
and I'm hoping someone might have an idea or two.

Thanks.

Beth Goodman
Electronic Services Librarian
Victoria College/University of Houston - Victoria
2602 N. Ben Jordan
Victoria, TX 77901
goodmanb at jade.vic.uh.edu
(512) 788-6201