[WEB4LIB] Re: HELP: GIF question

Diane Madrigal dmadriga at MAIL.NYSED.GOV
Mon Dec 21 13:20:31 EST 1998

>>> "Thomas Dowling" <tdowling at ohiolink.edu> 12/21 11:39 AM >>>

>But...changing *your* monitor settings doesn't affect anyone else
>viewing your site.

Agreed, but as I noted, most people who responded weren't seeing any difference between the two images.  It was the fact that I *was* seeing a discrepancy that was really bothering me.  (I'm still not sure *why* Netscape was treating the same image differently in the two different contexts, but now that it's no longer happening, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.)

Although I admit I prefer the "clear" image to the "patterned" one, both are legible, so other viewers - regardless of which version their monitor settings cause them to see -  will still be able to view and use the page.

Diane Madrigal