MARCIT

Barbara A. Bishop barbarab at world.std.com
Sun Apr 12 19:30:25 EDT 1998

Yes, I recently saw this program at Computers in Libraries and was very
impressed.  First, it only costs $49.95, so it's probably worth a trial.

MARCIT takes a web page you have on the screen and converts it to a MARC
record, presenting the results to you in a form, also on the screen.   It
sets indicators and does much of that tedious work, puts in the title, URL,
and other info, then leaves the form open for you to makes additions and
changes.  You can put in the subjects and most if not all other MARC
fields.   When saved, it creates a MARC001 file that you then upload into
your OPAC and WALA! it's in your catalog.

I think I have some info here about how to order it; if you want me to look
for it let me know.

My only wish is that one didn't need an OPAC to use it: I suggested to the
vendor that they engineer a version that would be useful for personal use

Hoping I did this reply correctly .... Barbara Bishop

At 05:46 AM 4/11/98 -0700, Adele Hoskin wrote:
>Is anyone familiar with this product which enables a library to add
websites to the library catalog?