PowWow Communities and Academic Librarians

Shaken Angel jbfink at ogre.lib.muohio.edu
Thu Sep 25 13:05:06 EDT 1997

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Wilfred Drew wrote:

> Got to start somewhere.  I looked at Moos and such including the DU moo.
> They make no sense to me.  I do like chat and thought this would be a
> good place to start.
>
> Any thoughts?

Provided you can get MOOs to work (I've been involved off and on with MOO
developement since 1991) they're really about the best choice.  I think
going with *anything* that is platform specific is a Bad Idea all around.

You could set up a private IRC server -- this would be less problematic
than doing a MOO.  Or set up a librarian channel on an existing IRC
network.

-- john f.