Learning diversity over the Internet

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Tue Sep 16 22:25:12 EDT 1997

For my next American Libraries column, I'd like to hear success stories of
using the Internet to overcome barriers of difference--the Internet as a
place to be different, but also to learn to live with other people.  Have
you learned tolerance over the Internet?  Have you learned to like people
you might not have liked in the "analog" environment?  How has the Internet
made you more inclusive?   How has it let you be yourself?  Examples might
include friends you've made, hobbies you've been able to cultivate, biases
you've overcome, and so forth.

Celebrating diversity,

Karen G. Schneider |  kgs at bluehighways.com
Director, US EPA Region 2 Library  |  Contractor, GCI
Councilor-at-Large, American Library Association
The Internet Filter Assessment Project:
 http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap/
Author, Forthcoming: A Practical Guide to Internet Filters
(Neal Schuman, 1997)