CDA Oral Arguments: Filtering the OPAC -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Wed Mar 26 18:15:17 EST 1997

>>> Thomas Dowling <tdowling at ohiolink.edu> 03/26/97
02:43pm >>>
marc2txt oldcatalog | grep -iv "dirty_word_1" | \
    grep -iv "dirty_word_2" | txt2marc > newcatalog

Sure.  That'll work.  :-)

---------------------------------------
Of course it will, and it is even, in the broad sense, "some
sort of word processor", although perhaps not the sort that
Mr. Justice Stevens was thinking of.  o-)   But of course that
is what he has a secretary or three to do.

Of course they'd have to come to agreement on the words
that were patently offensive.  A number of years ago there
were the classic "Seven words you can't say on television",
and of course all of them are on cable, and at least two of
them are on broadcast television in the USA.  Of course the
shows have a TV-14 rating plastered on them.  Somehow I
think I knew both the word and the meaning of "fuck" (or any
of the others) well before I was 14, and that was in the "clean
old days" forty years ago.

Oh well.....

cyclops

Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
Boise State University Library, Boise, Idaho, 83725 USA
voice: 208-385-1235   fax:  208-385-1394
dlester at bsu.idbsu.edu     OR    alileste at idbsu.idbsu.edu
Cyclops' Internet Toolbox:    http://cyclops.idbsu.edu
"How can one fool make another wise?"   Kansas, 1979.