security breached by NaughtyRobot -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Mon Mar 3 17:40:53 EST 1997

The further info is provided at
http://www.digiCRIME.com/disclaimer.html

where the following info is posted.

DigiCrime is a joke!!!

While this site might seem real at times, it is not. There are
certainly people with criminal intent in the world, but I am not
among them.

But seriously...

Our society is currently undergoing a radical change in the
way we use information, brought on by a fusion of
communication and computation technologies. In particular,
we are rapidly changing to an information-based economy
and there are huge consequences from the decisions we
make in building the infrastructure during the next few years.

     When your toaster is an Internet node, can I send email
to burn your toast?
     When your car is an Internet node, can I do a denial of
service attack to force you to bring your car in for repairs?
     When your business depends on the Internet, will you be
a good credit risk?

DigiCrime is a satirical attempt to point out some of the
potential threats we face. Nothing on the DigiCrime page will
do any damage to your machine, but it may damage your
confidence in your machine. That's the point.

DigiCrime is comically hosted at Southwest Cyberport, in
Albuquerque, New Mexico.

They are responsible for competent service, but not content.
Complaints should go to the Thief
Scientist.