Nasa

Jon Lebkowsky jonl at onr.com
Wed Jul 2 11:45:18 EDT 1997

At 08:02 AM 7/2/97 -0700, David King wrote:
>>For anyone serious about verifying sites.
>>http://www.nasa.gov is the real NASA site...no porn.
>>http://www.nasa.com is a commercial site.
>>Would it be nice if one who will remain nameless checked these things out
>>first before getting hysterical?
>
>Uhm... you missed the point.
>
>Some people aren't going to know the difference between com and gov.
>
>I just typed in "nasa" without "www" or "com" or "gov" and guess
>where netscape took me? To the commercial site, not the gov site.
>
>That's the problem...

Right, which is why I contacted the 'real' NASA about it, to determine
whether they're aware of nasa.com and disputing nasa.com per
http://rs.internic.net/domain-info/internic-domain-6.html.  Hopefully there
is basis for dispute, however if nasa.com can legally retain that domain
name, a public information campaign would be in order.
Jon Lebkowsky // jonl at onr.com

"The interest in encouraging freedom of expression in a democratic society
outweighs any theoretical but unproven benefit of censorship." -- Justice
Stevens, Supreme Court Opinion in Reno v ACLU.