Nasa

David L. King dlking at ocean.st.usm.edu
Wed Jul 2 17:39:59 EDT 1997

> I didn't miss the point.  I guess the idea is to ban all sites with the
> word NASA in it because there might be porn.  Well, I looked at the
> "porn" site and saw it was a commercial site for a lot of different
> things  and there is no way a kid looking for space travel would bother to
> go farther.

True. But the only two ads (that I saw, at least) were both for girlie
pages, and the ads were larger than the actual "content" of the page
itself, which consisted of only one link. And by the time those kids have
figured that out, my guess is that NASA is far from their minds...

> The point is that it would be more useful to teach children
> AND ADULTS how to search the Internet

Agreed.

			David King
			Electronic Services Librarian