Netscape mail?

David King dlking at ocean.st.usm.edu
Wed Jul 2 11:32:04 EDT 1997

>Although the method you mentioned will work, our patrons have no problem
>entering their own information into these fields, attempting to access
>their own e-mail.  I have found enough messages downloaded to know that
>some of them have succeeded in the attempt.  Considering the wide-spread
>use of Netscape at home, it shouldn't come as any suprise that most
>patrons will know how to get past this.

True - but my guess is they'll only do it once, since they'll most likely
end up downloading all their messages onto the library web computer,
and then go home and realize what they did!

Of course, at a big library, with lots of people doing the same thing
"just once," that could get troublesome.

David King
Electronic Services Librarian
University of Southern Mississippi
dlking at ocean.st.usm.edu