Web maintenance by web robots?

Sandi Blackburn qut at ornl.gov
Wed Feb 26 12:53:58 EST 1997

Greetings!

I just came out of a meeting which focused on web maintenance and the
subject of web robots or crawlers - automated applications which check web
page use and link validity - were mentioned as a way to supplement manual
checks and web page policies.

Does anyone have experience with specific applications or robots in general
which they can share?

I've played around with some demo copies before and am familiar with robot
capabilities, but I haven't talked to those who have actually used robots
as part of web site maintenance.  Any experiences with the implementation
and use of "robots" will be appreciated -

Thanks,

Sandi Blackburn

Sandi Blackburn
Oak Ridge National Laboratory