Web site maintenance in Academic or large public libraries

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Thu Feb 6 10:31:59 EST 1997

I'd be interested in knowing how your library handles web site maintenance
(including editing/adding pages, link verification, redesign, setting
policy, technical/server issues, etc.) in terms of the number of people and
amount of time involved.  I don't need to know everything you do, but rather
the number of people responsible and the time commitment.  I'd like to know
if you have a designated person/persons whose main responsibility is the web
or if you have someone doing it part time.  If you have someone doing it
part time, what is the approximate amount of time spent each month doing web
related tasks?  Also, is your server in-house or maintained by staff in a
computer center outside of your library?  Please respond to me directly
rather than the list.

Thanks!!
Sheryl Dwinell

Sheryl Dwinell